In this article, I will explain another model of Tah-chin (ته چین) which has a very good taste and is very suitable for parties.
- 3 pints of rice
- 1 pint of yogurt
- 3 egg yolks
- Half a cup of brew saffron
- 3 medium eggplant
- Mincemeat 300 g
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- 1 onion
- Half a pint of oil
It is better to soak the rice and drain it a little uncooked in order to Tah-chin not to be separate. Slice the eggplants and then add salt. Now fry them in oil. Sauté the meat with onion and add tomato paste, salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon.
Pay attention that yogurt does not have so much water, it should be a little thick.
Use yolk egg for Tah-chin.
Now mix the yogurt, egg and saffron together and stir them well. Then add rice and some oil to them.
Now grease the inside of the pot with oil. Pour some rice and press it with a spoon. Then arrange the eggplants and pour the meat ingredients on the eggplants and pour some rice again. Do this till the ingredients will finish but the last layer should be the rice.If you do not want the ingredients not to be reveal so pour them in the middle in order to not come out of the sides of the rice.
Finally, press it completely in order to not separate after cooking. Then put it on low heat to infuse well. If you want to have a good browned rice so put it on the large stove flame with low heat. It takes about an hour and a quarter to cook. You adjust according to your heat and pot, it may takes between 40 min and an hour and a half.
It is ready when it is slightly gathered around and when you shake the pot, the bottom of it easily separates from the walls.
- The first thing is the amount of yogurt so the Tah-chin does not loosen. You should consume yogurt in moderation. If you have a lot of yogurt, it will loosen and if it is low, the rice grains will not stick well together.
- The number of eggs is also important. If your eggs are low, it may lose. Because the egg acts as a glue.
- It is better to use the best non-stick pot you have but If you have a ceramic pot, it is much better for this.
- You can garnish with a variety of vegetables and strained yogurt and slices. I fried the eggplant in a thin long sheet and made a flower with it and arrange parsley around it.