This thin and delicate homemade crepe with crispy and buttery margin can be easily made with a mixer and a normal frying pan, and depending on your taste, you can make them sweet or salty. It does not require any special equipment and can be made with just a few simple ingredients that are always found in the refrigerator.
First, measure all ingredients.
Melt some butter in the microwave or on the stove and let it cool for a few minutes (Otherwise you could scramble the eggs).
Add melted butter, flour, sugar, salt, milk, water, eggs and vanilla to the blender.
Mix well on medium round for 30 seconds.
Stir the liquid well until it is completely smooth.
Chill the crepe batter for at least 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator which is crucial to the taste and texture of your crepes.You can even make it the night before and chill the batter overnight.
Before cooking each crepe, butter the pan well. Use the remaining butter to grease the pan and fry the crepes one by one.
Take a medium frying pan and after each greasing, pour 3-4 spoons of batter in the center and twirl the frying pan to cover the whole surface, but be careful that its thickness is not too much and it stays thin so that we have the desired texture. Cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes, then flip it over so cook the other side for another 30 seconds.
In the end, you can choose different toppings according to your taste, such as cream, peanut butter, strawberries, orange, honey and many other things. In the end, I brought you more suggested topping ideas.
You can keep the remaining crepes in a sealed container in the refrigerator for one day and in the freezer for up to a month.
Tips and tricks
- Topping's ideas:Strawberry jam,lemon cream & fresh fruits,whipped cream,peanut butter or nutella & banana,chocolate ganache,caramel,cheesecake batter,homemade pesto with sliced veggetables (mushrooms, spinach, pepper),smoked salmon,mozzarella, basil, & sliced tomato,scrambled eggs, cooked ham,cooked chicken, broccoli & cheddar
- It is better to use milk in your batter. But if you want a stronger taste, you can use cream instead of half milk.
- For salted crepes, you can remove vanilla and use black pepper instead and increase the amount of salt. You can also add your favorite spices or vegetables.
- When cooking the crepes, you can keep them by the oven to keep them warm during cooking, or at the end heat them in the microwave.
- The mixer combines the flour with the wet ingredients very well and gives us a completely smooth batter. If you do not have a blender, you can also mix it by hand, but you have to stir the batter well to make it soft and smooth.
- Crepe with honey and orange pickle can be a great combination. But this combination is one of hundreds of combinations that you can try with these crepes.
- If you are aware of the heat of stove and frying pan and take care of it and flip it over on time, you will have a well-textured and soft crepe with crispy margin at the end.
Background & History
I used to make pancakes, but a few years ago, after a trip to Russia, I saw how the crepes are popular and it includes one of their main dishes, and they use it not just for breakfast, but also for other meals. It was decorated with honey, jam and fruits for a sweet breakfast, and it was made with salt for dinner included bacon, meat and vegetables. Since then, its great variety has encouraged me to make this soft and well-textured crepe.