Falafel which made from beans seems to transported from Egypt to the Middle East and then to the whole world. Of course it seems that the Egyptian falafel is prepared from cobs bean Which I will definitely try it once and I will tell you its result. These falafels which we made with garbanzo are known as Lebanese falafel. Ahwazian people claim some kind of falafel too. If you know anything about it or you are from Ahwaz, please comment us what is the difference between Ahwaz’s falafels and these falafels. Falafel is either a delicious and quick meal or a low-cost food, it is beneficial despite of being fried and full of oil. Garbanzo`s affection is known to anybody and it is good to use it once or twice a week.
- Raw garbanzo 200 g
- 1 big size onion
- A small amount of vegetables (parsley, coriander, chives)
- 1 teaspoon of which Spices (turmeric, salt, pepper, coriander seed powder, black cumin)
- Soak the garbanzo from the day before and change its water several times.
- Peel the onion and mince it with parsley, coriander, chives and soaked garbanzo.
- Add spices and mix them thoroughly.
- Allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for one or two hours. Now make balls a little bigger than a walnut and fry them in oil.
Falafel with cooked or raw garbanzo
This part is for who are making falafel for the first time. Know that cooked garbanzos are not good for falafel at all so just soaking the garbanzos is enough.
In addition to the spices I mentioned above, I have seen some people use nutmeg and paprika or even mango powder in falafel. My personal experience is that the most attractive spices are coriander seed powder and cumin. But if you use another spices, I recommend using these two spices more than the others.
The amount of onions in falafel
Using too many onions in falafel, makes it not to be dry. I have learned it from one of my friend who is professional at making falafel, otherwise my opinion was like you that using too many onions like, using it at cutlet, make falafel to open up. But it is not like this. Just try it once. So remember to not pour all onions in the garbanzos.
Falafel does not need egg
I have tried it with egg before. I should tell you egg makes it very dry and there is no reason to use egg in it because garbanzo has sticky affection itself.