Gheimeh stew is an Iranian food which is making with meat (minced meat or stewing meat), split peas and dried limes. Now I am going to make this stew with a little different. This stew is making with a combination of split peas, chicken and barberry. So because of its cooking method is similar to Gheimeh stew, we call it Gheimeh stew with chicken and barberry.
- Chicken 3 piecesSplit pea 2/3 of glass
- 2 medium onions
- Half a glass of barberry
- Tomato paste 3-4 tablespoons
- Brew saffron 2 tablespoons Cinnamon stick 2 pieces
- Soak split peas for a few hours. Dip chicken in salt, pepper and turmeric then fry it in some oil. Chop the onions and sauté it. Drain split peas and then add to the onions.
- Pour 3 glass of water and let it to cook completely.
- Sauté tomato paste and barberry in some oil. After cooking split peas, add tomato paste, barberry, chickens and cinnamon stick. If necessary, pour a glass of water too. Let the stew cook for about an hour.
- Finally, Garnish with barberry and French fries.